Facilities and Equipment for research purposes
- Tertiary Intensive Care Unit - all pathology and radiological investigations available
- Tertiary Burns Unit - all pathology and radiological investigations available
- Skin Culture Facility
- Fully equipped bioanalytical laboratory with HPLC & LCMS capabilities
- Non-invasive haemodynamic monitors (Flowtrac and USCOM)
- Portable Metamax metabolic analyzer
- MicroScan - Sidestream Dark Field technology incorporated in the MicroScan enables the visualization of the microcirculation at the bedside.
- CORTEX DermaScan - state-of-the-art high frequency ultrasound scanner which provides high resolution skin imaging.
- MEDTEL Thromboelastograph - a point of care device for rapid diagnosis and differentiation of hypercoaguable and hyperfibrinolytic situations which measures the visco elastic properties of blood.
- Fully equipped exercise gymnasium
- Respiratory mechanics monitor
- Epidemiological support
- Statistical advice
- Expert postgraduate supervision
- Data mining