Members of the advisory board meet several times a year with key BTCCRC staff to advise on how to expand and develop the research centre within its Terms of Reference.
- Dr Paul Alexander AO MBBS MLM FRACMA FACLM FACTM DTM&H Dip Sport Med
- Dr Ian Wilkey BSc MBBS LLB FRCPA FAFPHM
- Mr Gilberto Maggiolo
- Professor Gerry Fitzgerald MD FACEM FRACMA
- Associate Professor Marianne Vonau OAM MBBS MBA FRACS
- To review the goals and priorities of BTCCRC and to reflect on the appropriate role of the Centre in the context of International, National, State, University and Hospital responsibilities, and in the context of Faculty and, if relevant, Hospital priorities and plans.
- To review the organizational structure of the Centre in the context of its functions and to consider the appropriateness and effectiveness of its governance, management, administration, support structures and staffing arrangements.
- To support and provide recommendations which lead to the increase in the research potential of the BTCCRC.
- To evaluate the research performance of the Centre, including its success in attracting funds; contribution to knowledge through publications and communications; involvement of research students; strategies for and success of research collaborations; influence on clinical practice; and contributions in relation to the professions and the community.
- Explore research needs that could be met by BTCCRC.
- To review interactions of the Centre with other groups both within and external to the School of Medicine, the University and the Hospital and make recommendations.
- Act as a voice piece, advocate and disseminator of BTCCRC research to industry, where appropriate.
- To consider the adequacy of the resources available to the Centre and to consider the efficiency and effectiveness of the Centre’s use of those resources and its proposed future developments.